Saturday, July 16, 2005
[[Anger! Anger! Anger!]]
Anger! Anger! Anger!
The CEO of the National Kidney Foundation Singapore (NKFS), T.T. Durai, has breached the trust of the people of Singapore and all others who donate to him. He has drawn a total salary of about S$1.8 million over the last 3 years, which averages out to S$600, 000 per year and this money comes from the donations of people, many of whom do not even earn that amount in 5 or even 10 years. Gasps could be heard in the courtroom when it was revealed that on top of his $25,000 a month salary, he also received 10 to 12 months in yearly bonuses. That makes his annual salary between $550,000 and $600,000, or $1.8 million in total over the past three years.
In addition, he has been less than truthful with the public, lying time and again in court before withdrawing his statements. The NKF has also played games to keep the truth from the public, with chairman Richard Yong telling the public that senior executives fly business class for long-haul flights. However, Durai told the court that he indeed flew first-class. (cited from Asiaone)
Yes, what would ur reaction be like if you had been a loyal donator to NKF?! And worse still, what about those people *like me* who's been doubting NKF since long time ago ~
Hear what I've got to say for my skepticalness:
Why do I doubt NKF?! Cos the fact that they collected tons of money from the public each year through all the donation cards from Pri, Sec and JCs; committed monthly donations; calls from the shows on TV... yeah... all these raise
A LOT of money leh... I bet the money could be used for a long time but why it seems like they keep asking money from us every now and den?! It's not like we do have so many kidney patients?!
And what's worse? It has been exposed that the donations from all the above means could have actually been used for about 30 years!!! And yet tat blardy singh says it could only last 3 years...
he's obviously lying!!! And he's still trying to cheat us by opening another Cancer Fund and Children's Fund... idiot~
Yeah, very sickening: I've received calls every year from NKF... they asked me or rather forced me to help them collect money through the donation card... I agreed cos I dun understand what the heck that telephone operator over the other side is talking about!!! And so I obliged to her request since I really wana end my agony for tat moment!
Stupid Indian accent... and speak so fast for wat?! So irritating!!! But then my real agony came after I received the donation card from the mail... Firstly, I'm simply lazy to ask for donations. Secondly, I'm pretty sure many of my frens would have gotten the card too... and so its useless to ask them to donate. Thirdly, MANY of my relatives disliked the orgaisation too and so what's the point of asking them to donate?!
See... I'm not alone~
Oh ya... NKF really spent the public's money lavishly! Imagine having not just one, but at least 3 marine fish tanks in the dialysis center?! Wah lao... I bet their maintenance fees each month could have cost a bomb!!! Waste money sia... and den I oso heard that they have plasma TV installed for each patient's seat... Wat crap?! Use our money and do all the unnecessary stuff... Though I understand NKF is trying to improve their service, the patients should be glad we save their lives... Haiz...
And about the golden tap... tats an even sadder story...
Arh... I hate NKF...
Just Xuan blabbering @
Saturday, July 16, 2005